[slinkelist] cdj sending an erroneous "playing" response

Marc Hebert gorgoesq@swbell.net
Fri, 05 Jan 2001 16:25:49 -0600

--------------C72EF28A38ECE9DE4CF3396D

Hello.

I'm using an app I wrote, which communicates over a socket with the HASE
Slinkx Socket Server to monitor what CD's currently playing.  I send the
"notify_playing_item[on]" command and start receiving the expected async
"playing" responses.

The hitch is this- every now and then I get an extra, erroneous
response, and it always occurs like in this example:

What actually plays:

player 1, disk 33, track 6,
player 3, disk 140, track 9

What's indicated in "playing" responses:

player 1, disk 33, track 6,
player 1, disk 33, track 7,
player 3, disk 140, track 9

So, every now and again (maybe every one in 10 or 15 transitions), it
reports a track just after a last played track, that wasn't in the
playlist and indeed did not play.

If I notice any more pertinent details, I'll post them.  Anything I
should look for?

Thanks,
Marc

Marc --------------C72EF28A38ECE9DE4CF3396D--