[slinkelist] And the new name for CDDB is...

Scott Steeves slinke@itsanadventure.com
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:34:32 -0500

 From what I have seen, Gracenote requires that app developers who's
programs use CDDB must sign an exclusive use contract and not use any
other such service. The developers must also display a CDDB graphic
whenever CDDB is accessed. (This kinda messed up one developer who's
program is a text based CD player for the blind...)

Just what I've heard...

An alternative is freedb.org. More info about CDDB and it's changes
can be found there, among other stuff.

Scott