Slink-e / CDJ Discussion Archive #3
New CDJ Version with 270/90ES text uploading
Posted By: Colby Boles <cboles@n...>
I have my first working version of text uploading for the CX270/90ES now avaliable on the website. Please note the following:
0) The upload works just like the upload does for the other players - using the Library->Transfer Text menu item. Downloading is not currently supported. If you do try to upload all titles, be ready to wait a while. Watching the upload process on the TV is somewhat entertaining. If you hit the cancel button, don't panic: it has to finish the current disc before it returns control to you.
1) I have made some changes to SlinkeServ as well as CDJ, so you should download SLINKE.EXE, not just CDJ.ZIP.
2) Slink-e Firmware Version 1.0 does not support the "S-Link Bit-Mode" which is required for text uploading to these model players if their ID is anything other than 1 (which it usually is). If you upgrade to Version 1.1, you can support this mode.
3) As I've mentioned before, Firmware versions 1.0, 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2 contain a bug which can potentially cause the Slink-e to become unresponsive when the Slink-e is very busy. Version 2.2 will recover from this, but may still lose some data. The amount of data transmitted by CDJ to do this text uploading may exacerbate this problem. I would suggest upgrading to Firmware versions 1.1 or 2.3 if you experience any problems.
4) I'm still making some changes to the uploading features, but I'd like to get feedback relatively quickly as to whether the upload is working for you or not. I have to return the CX90ES player I'm borrowing fairly soon and would like to have all the bugs ironed out before I have to give it back.