[slinkelist] DXSgusting Customer Relations

Allen Cobb ci@csi.com
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 23:24:00 -0800

Clearly, Tresy has had a rough time with the first release of DXS, but his
history of msgs back and forth portrays Nirvis (David) responding promptly,
politely, and with numerous simple remedies to his problems.

Therefore, I don't understand why he is so upset with Nirvis, other than the
misfortune of getting a severely defective unit. If it had been DOA, perhaps
everything would have gone more smoothly.

I have had a few questions to Nirvis go unanswered, and a few problems with
CDJ that nobody seems interested in (or at least in responding to), but at
the same time, I have access to this list, the BBS, and ultimately direct
emails to Colby and David on any topic at all.

Realistically, if Nirvis's failure to respond had seriously annoyed me, it
would have been easy to escallate the urgency with direct contact to the top
people at Nirvis.

This simply shows both the benefits and the disadvantages of dealing with a
small, personal company. It is a difficult tradeoff to assign limited
resources to PR or engineering. In the end, I'll take low-key PR and
dedicated engineering any day.

If the "refined" DXS ends up as nicely tweaked as Slink-E, future customers
won't have anything to worry about at all.

Allen Cobb