[slinkelist] Moving chnagers

Colby Boles cboles@nirvis.com
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 10:46:02 -0800

I find that all I have to do to move the changers is make sure no disc is
loaded in the transport. The permanent magnet hub clamp in the transport
can easily drop the disc if shaken. You can do this by opening the front
door, letting the carousel spin, closing the door, and powering down the
unit before it can reload a disc. Of course, you need to keep the player
fairly level too...

Colby

> > > How do you move the changers w/o dislodging the CDs? I wasn't able to
>move
> > my 2 changers across the room without shaking a few CDs loose which became
> > real problem.
> > >
> > > Lee
> >
> > I  pick up the player and always carry it with the back-end lower than the
> > front and never tilt the player to either side. The other thing that is
> > REQUIRED after moving some distance is to remove the top cover (ie metal)
> > and verify that no discs have moved from there slots.
> > With the cover removed you can see were the disc will slide from the slots
> > if tilted in the wrong direction. I learn this the hard way by moving and
> > then powering up with disc jammed in the player. Actually after doing this
> > realized that the best way to load or unload discs is by removing the top
> > cover and just drop them in.
> >

> > Michael Neese

Nirvis Systems
http://www.nirvis.com