[slinkelist] Remote operation of slinke?

John Chapman johnc@realtime-ptl.com
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 10:54:05 PST

Since everybody seems to be on the topic of remote operation...

My problem is that I can't locate my PC running CDJ physically near
the slinke.  I need a remote serial link.  To this end, I have
purchased an Innowave 900MHz wireless serial link to connect the serial
port of the PC to the slinke 20 ft. away, but have been unable to get
the PC to see the slinke.  It sees and talks to a modem just fine.

Has anyone else experimented with this or a similar product?  Anyone
devised another clever way to connect their PC to the slinke?

Any help greatly appreciated as I can't use CDJ at the moment and it's
KILLING me!

Thanks in advance,

-John