[slinkelist] Sorting albums

Saleh Igal saleh@BRBA.com
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 19:15:40 -0600

Reading recent messages on the list, it looks like I'm not the only one that
needs a way to define the sort order.  Besides the issues I have (see
below), other people seem to be having a problem with albums/artists
starting with "A" or "The" as well as the "I want to see 'Dean Martin' but
sort by 'Martin, Dean'" issue.

A user defined sort field would solve all of these issues.  It would require
some manual entry, but I end up doing a lot of manual cleanup on the CDDB
entries anyway.  A more general solution would be, for example, "User1"
through "User4" fields that could be displayed as sortable columns in the
"Library" and "Search" window lists.

(Messages rearranged in chronological order)