[slinkelist] Sony MD 920

Scott Garrett sgarrett@technomancer.com
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:28:46 -0500 (EST)

I just bought my Sony 920 Minidisc recorder off of E-bay.  I got it home
last night, and tried hooking it into my S-link setup, and am having
bigtime problems.  When I hook it into the Slink-e, the activity light goes
almost solid amber, but it doesn't register in the device list.  I've tried
both S-link ports on the MD deck and different ports on the Slink-e.  I
tried hooking it up directly to the CD changer I have (300 disc changer),
which is working perfectly with the Slink-E.
The MD deck says it will control the changer via slink, but I also get a
"No connect" from them.  I'm using a mono 1/8" male to male that I bought
at Radio Shack.

Anyone out there with a 920 that wants to offer some advice?

Oh, I did go into CDJ and turn on the traffic window.  Despite the amber
traffic light, there is nothing registering in CDJ in the traffic window.

--
	Scott Garrett     mailto:sgarrett@technomancer.com
					  http://www.technomancer.com

  *** Unix *is* user friendly.  It's just picky about who its friends are.