[slinkelist] Slinke, custom app and Sony CDP-CX300

Robin Humphries redrobo@vossnet.co.uk
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 20:40:43 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon 27 Dec, rbrocaw wrote:
> It's been a while, so I thought I might make this query again... I still
> have not
> been able to figure this out.
>
> I have written a custom database application that uses the Slinke and
> the
> Slinke custom control.
>
> I have a Sony CDP-CX205 player and a Sony CDP-CX300 player connected.
>
> I am using the device file for the Sony 200 disk changer, the only one I
> know
> of.
>
> I am NOT using CDJ.
>
> Problem: I can only get the software to recognize the first 200 disks in
> the 300
> disk changer using this device file.  The device file allows only 8 bits
> for the
> disk number, and using the BCD numbering scheme the highest number
> allowed
> is FE which is disk 200.  I have been told that I do not need a separate
> device
> file for the 300 disk changer, but I don't understand how that would
> work.
> Switching the player to Control A1 II doesn't help, in fact most
> commands
> don't work in that mode through this device file.
>
> There must be a trick to this, because CDJ figures it out and allows all
> 300
> disks, but I am not using CDJ.
>
> Anybody know how CDJ does this trick?  How to get the Slinke custom
> control with the 200 disk .CDE file to recognize the 300 disk player?
>
> I'm almost done with my project, and now have 100 inaccessible slots in
> the
> player.
>
> HELP!
>
> Thanks.
>
> Richard
> rbrocaw@flash.net

Yes I would like to know what is the code for selecting discs 201 to 300
on a 300 sony disc changer.

As you say the highest 8 bit decimal number is 200.

So would someone kindly tell us what is the format.

Many Thanks

Robin.

 Robin Humphries :   Acorn  RiscOS4  :   mailto:redrobo@vossnet.co.uk
   Kent U.K      :  StrongArm RiscPC :   Software = ANT Internet Suite II