[slinkelist] Slinke, custom app and Sony CDP-CX300

rbrocaw rbrocaw@flash.net
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 11:57:29 -0700

It's been a while, so I thought I might make this query again... I still
have not
been able to figure this out.

I have written a custom database application that uses the Slinke and
the
Slinke custom control.

I have a Sony CDP-CX205 player and a Sony CDP-CX300 player connected.

I am using the device file for the Sony 200 disk changer, the only one I
know
of.

I am NOT using CDJ.

Problem: I can only get the software to recognize the first 200 disks in
the 300
disk changer using this device file.  The device file allows only 8 bits
for the
disk number, and using the BCD numbering scheme the highest number
allowed
is FE which is disk 200.  I have been told that I do not need a separate
device
file for the 300 disk changer, but I don't understand how that would
work.
Switching the player to Control A1 II doesn't help, in fact most
commands
don't work in that mode through this device file.

There must be a trick to this, because CDJ figures it out and allows all
300
disks, but I am not using CDJ.

Anybody know how CDJ does this trick?  How to get the Slinke custom
control with the 200 disk .CDE file to recognize the 300 disk player?

I'm almost done with my project, and now have 100 inaccessible slots in
the
player.

HELP!

Thanks.