[slinkelist] Thoughts on hardware requirements for CDJ/Slink-e

Thomas W. Humphrey TWHumphrey@fuse.net
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 14:36:05 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_00DD_01BF2864.41F0BD40

I run CDJ/Slink-e on a 486/75 laptop having only a 380 M hard drive and =
32 MB of memory, and Windows 95A.  No problems.  I don't have disk space =
for MP3's, of course, but I think I want to store those on a removable =
media anyway, so I can migrate to other computers.

Actually, I think a laptop is the preferred platform for CDJ, because it =
will have extensive sleep functions that will allow you to just leave =
the computer on all of the time, which I consider necessary since you =
don't want to wait for a computer to boot and then for CDJ to initialize =
just to listen to music.  We're all spoiled by the embedded processor =
systems in CD players and changers; we expect to have immediate music!

------=_NextPart_000_00DD_01BF2864.41F0BD40

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I run CDJ/Slink-e on a 486/75 laptop having only a =
380 M hard=20
drive and 32 MB of memory, and Windows 95A.&nbsp; No problems.&nbsp; I =
don't=20
have disk space for MP3's, of course, but I think I want to store those =
on a=20
removable media anyway, so I can migrate to other =
computers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Actually, I think a laptop is the preferred platform =
for CDJ,=20
because it will have extensive sleep functions that will allow you to =
just leave=20
the computer on all of the time, which I consider necessary since you =
don't want=20
to wait for a computer to boot and then for CDJ to initialize just to =
listen to=20
music.&nbsp; We're all spoiled by the embedded processor systems in CD =
players=20
and changers; we expect to have immediate =
music!</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00DD_01BF2864.41F0BD40--