[slinkelist] Incoming IR signals

Young, Steven E seyoung@kpmg.com
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:44:17 -0500

I'm programming a user interface to control my CD changer, x10 lights,
security system, etc. and I have the Active X/OCX working well in my
(powerbuilder) application. (Great job with the software Colby).

Q:  What is the best way to interpret incoming IR signals?
Q:  Maybe my real question is how do I create device files for incoming IR?

Q:  . . . or should I use the low-level commands?

I think I'd prefer the device files and have the slinke event hand me
"device" and "command" messages.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

If anyone is interested, here is my approach . . . One master computer
connects to Slinke, CM11a, security, multi-room controller and smart
thermostat.  This computer runs Slinkserve, CDJ and my control program which
presents a very simple user interface.  My control program responds to input
from a universal IR remote control and the user interface changes
appropriately.  The computer video is modulated to a cable channel which
allows any TV in the house with an IR link to Slinke to control everything.

Thanks again,

Steve
is unauthorized.