[slinkelist] Slinke system - power on errata

Sinan Karasu allahsiz@home.com
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 08:20:40 -0800

> Alin Kent wrote:
>
> Anyone else experience this problem?
>
> Slinke is hooked up to my Sony components (STR-DB930 - CDP-CX300 -
> MDS-JB920 - CDP-CE525).
> Everything works great, except my receiver seems to power on without
> cause about every 15 minutes.

Just a shot in the dark. Some Sony receivers ( like STR-DA90ESG I have)
are very happy to turn on off by themselves if they think some source
like CD player just started playing. I think it is called Auto-play or
something.
This feature is disableable ( is that correct spelling?) . Disable it.
Causes nothing but grief.

If that is what it is of course. If it's not then it isn't that and
probably
is something else.

Sinan