[slinkelist] setup (re-setup) help

Vann Knight v-knight@swbell.net
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 12:50:55 -0600

I've recently upgraded my computer. I am having trouble getting cdj to
recognize my player on the new computer. I am using a long (75ft) cat5 cable
between the computer and the slinke, I never had problems on the old
computer.

My setup:
NT4.0 (dual processor)
ABIT motherboard...
CDX300 player
CDJ Version 1.0.0.1

Symptoms:

CDJ does not seem to recognize the player. I can switch the cable to my old
machine and everything seems to work fine).

If I remember correctly (and the CDJ help seems to support this). CDJ should
poll for the slinke at start up and should automatically recognize the
player.

I suspected the COM port so... I tried enabling the "Use Slinke-e through
SlinkX" option and in the Slinke-e Port Diagnostics I get "not found" for
COM1 and COM2. and "not accessible" for COM3-8.

I tried the COM port with two other devices and they both worked properly.

I checked Control Panel: Ports and COM1 and COM2 both show up.

What should I try next ?

Vann Knight
vannknight@swbell.net