[slinkelist] Sony CDP-CX350

Lee Hart HLeeHart@WinISP.Net
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 20:23:16 -0700

Don Messerli asked:
>Has anyone gotten the Sony CDP-CX350 300-disc changer to work with cdj?

It mostly works for me. There are over a half-dozen CDs that show up in CDJ
but don't show up on the CDP-CX360 after I upload all disc memos from CDJ to
players. I've re-uploaded several times to no effect. That sucks, but it
sure beats tediously entering hundreds of CDs into the player.

>I can't get it to catalog my CDs.  It looks like I might have to go with an
>Escient system.

That worked fine. There were only 4 of my discs that CDJ wasn't able to get
info from CDDB. 2 had just blanks (another app tells me that cddb hadn't
heard of these discs) and 2 had bad/no info on cddb ("artist"/"title" and
"No Artist"/"No Title"). There are a number of discs that had
incomplete/incorrect/inconsistent data (e.g. for multiple discs in a set
having different artist and/or title information for the various discs).
None of this is a failure on the part of CDJ.

However I do very much wish that CDJ could upload data to cddb.

Now if DXS was only available. According to the web site it's "Coming in
September". I see September is running late this year. I would very much
like to mix DTS CDs in with my other CDs.

Lee