[slinkelist] Sony CDP-300 series Questions. Reply ASAP, please

Michael Holopainen michael@laserle.fi
Wed, 06 Oct 1999 11:30:08 +0200

clip
"
Lee Hart wrote:

> Don Messerli asked:
> >Has anyone gotten the Sony CDP-CX350 300-disc changer to work with cdj?
>
> It mostly works for me. There are over a half-dozen CDs that show up in CDJ
> but don't show up on the CDP-CX360 after I upload all disc memos from CDJ to
> players. I've re-uploaded several times to no effect. That sucks, but it
> sure beats tediously entering hundreds of CDs into the player.
"

CX360 !!!!!!!
Was that a typo, or is there a new model.
I never heard of cx360, and neither was there anything about it in sony
international homepage.
I not splitting hairs, I really wan't to know if there is a new model
from sony.
there is cx260 and only 300-CDP-series I know of are cx300 and cx350.

I'm about to buy cx300/cx350 to accomppany my old cx250.
Any tips which one to buy ?
As it happens that I would get cx350 appox. 15% CHEAPER than the cx300.
(Yes, that is right, cheaper. = there is only on store in finland that
imports the cx300 and it's F***ing expensive, so my "own" sony store
made me (their best customer) this offer because they were unable to get
me the cx300 model).

So, should I take this offer, or is the cheaper (not for me) cx300
better with Slinke ?
Can there be problems with cx250 (crap model), and cx350 working
together ?
Will I be able to use the cx250 as slave to cx350 and use that combo
with slinke (in case I don't want to every time boot PC to play cd's)?
About the 2-way remote : does it show more than 300 cds if there is a
(200) slave to 350 ?

Or atleast will 250 and 350 in separate slinke slots work ok?
They should, but has anyone actually tried that combo?
(like I said, cx250 is crappy model. Well, not really works ok with
slinke, but it is unable to download text from cdj to cx250, even
thought is has "CD-TEXT"-sticker on it , so far I never actually seen
any text, apart from what I have manually written)
(maybbe I just don't have a single cd-text cds in those 200)