[slinkelist] Sony STR-DE915

Michael Holopainen michael@laserle.fi
Fri, 08 Oct 1999 09:11:44 +0200

If I remember corrcetly Those "slink"(out)-sockets are for IR-control
NOT for Control-A1.
I might be wrong on this but, I think they only send the IR commands on
wire.
"If all else fails, read the manual." Thought Sony manuals usually are
of very little help.

Mini-HOW-TO: Control (Sony) Amp with CDJ/Slinke

1. In Options - Devices - Add : name it i.e.. MyAmp or whatever and for
device file -> ...Nirvis(slinke-program)-directory and somewhere in it's
sub directory is Device Files directory and it's sub directory Sony and
there ampsls.cde-file
...Nirvis\Device Files\Sony\ampsls.cde
(  ampir.cde = AMP IR CODE
  ampslr.cde = AMP S-Link Receive Code
  ampsls.cde = AMP S-Link Send Code )
2. Now you have device in cdj called MyAmp (of something)

3. To control that device you need to edit ...Nirvis\CDJ\maps.txt (it's
good idea to move that file to another location AND tell cdj it's new
location in options-maps so you don't overwrite it when upgrading cdj)
you need to edit the file with notepad or some other writing tool
because cdj BETA does not yet allow you to edit the file in cdj (you can
view it).

maps.txt works like :

cdrj:EVENT[EventDetail] { ACTION[ActionDetail] ; 2ndAction ; 3rd...}
ie. you press mute on your amp, that is an event, you can write
code(actions) that is performed when cdj detects that event.
(everything from sony-slink-devices is send to s-link, you can ask you
amp "What is your current volume setting" and it will reply)

ie. cdjr:using_player[CD1] {myamp:input[020200]}
means that when event = CD1 starts playing something cdj performs action
= of sending command "input[002200]" to device myamp.

CD1 is identified in Players, (device named)mp3 is integral player of
cdj, in addition to player you can create additional devices in Device
Files and point to then with given name.

read the map.txt and ...Sony\ampsls.cde file and figure out the syntax
also ampsls.cde-file contains the input source codes ie. VCR2=111100

finally the answer :
edit in maps.txt-file the following row : "cdjr:using_player[mp3] {}" to

cdjr:using_player[mp3] {myamp:input[######]}

where :
myamp is the name you have given to your amp described in
Options-AddDevice-menu
:
input[#####] is the command send to myamp (converted to binary code
according to Sony/ampsls.cde) = tells sony amp to switch audio source to
######
##### is numeric code for audio source (read the ampsls.cde)

NOTE I don't have the cdj files here with me so I wrote that out of my
(bad) memory if that don't work try chancing the syntax i.e..
myamp[input:020200] (cd in sony amp)

-michael
good luck

RE to RE: sony str-de915

There is a way to connect a amp with just on Control-a1 port to cd and
to slinke at same time.
It requires CDP-player with 2 A1-socket
solution :
Connect A1-cable from amp to one A1 socket in CDP-player and another
cable from the other A1-socket to slinke.

I did this (accidently, when I for first time hooked up slinke) and it
worked just fine.
Apparently (amps) different kind of devices can be on same cable.
Again, you do need a sony device with 2 A1-socket.
Well, this is not wery High-Tech technical advice, but very practical
one.

-michael