[slinkelist] Sony STR-DE915

Jeffrey J. Borghoff
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 23:28:35 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01BF111B.ADAF4FC0

Mike I too have the 915... Connect to the Single Control-A port in the back
of the unit.  When you run CDJ make sure you add the correct device files
from the slink-e device directory... C:\Program Files\Nirvis\Device
Files\Sony

ampsls.cde
ampslr.cde

You'll have to forgo having the cd player hooked to the amp... What you can
do though is have an other connection from the Slink-e device to the CD
player to control the CD player.

I have about 8 sony devices hooked to a custom programmed interface and
there all talking to each other great!!!

Good Luck...

Regards,

Jeffrey J. Borghoff

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of Mike Zmuda
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 1999 1:47 PM
To: slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: [slinkelist] Sony STR-DE915

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I have a Sony STR-DE915 amp that
I can't get to work with the SLINK-E. It has multiple SLINK *OUT*s in
the back, and a Control-A port back there as well. It also has an
S-Link in port (but that's supposed to be from the monitor). I've
tried just about everything to get CDJ to see it and do something with
it, but to no avail. I've even tried writing my own programs to
support it, again, with no luck.

Does anybody have one of these? How do you have it hooked up? When the
CD player is hooked up to the Control-A jack in the back, pressing
play on the CD player turns the unit on, but that's all I know. Any
help (and I do mean ANY) would be SO greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

     ---
Mike  /
     ---