[slinkelist] Anyone sharing the COM server with CDJ?

David Aue aue@nirvis.com
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 00:02:39 -0700

Hi Dave,

At 10:03 PM 10/12/99 , you wrote:
>Anyone sharing the Slink-e COM server with CDJ and their own software?
You can see this work just our simple TV Remote program which comes with CDJ.

>How well does it work?
It works the same for all other clients as it does for CDJ.  Everything CDJ
does you can do too.

>What devices are you controlling?
Anything the slink-e can control you can control for your own
program.  This includes all Control-A1,A2,S and all IR send and receive and
the x10.  In addition you can do interprocess communication between
different clients.  For instance CDJ send out notifications about whta it
is doing and can receive commands to tell it do things.  Your programs can
do the same type of thing.

>Do either of the COM servers (Slink-e or CDJ) fire COM events?
CDJ actually isn't a COM server.  The SlinkeServ COM object fires an events
for every command or response for any devices which you attach to.  This
means that you can potentially see any kind of traffic that you like.  This
includes ir tx/rx, slink tx/rx, x10 and the interprocess messages like the
ones cdj sends.

The basic gist of all this is that the Slink-e with SlinkeServ creates a
completely extensible open architecture system.

David Aue
Nirvis Systems