[slinkelist] Delay command in automation interface?

Specker, Scott specker@ti.com
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 20:27:23 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01BF16AC.6E8A4378

Colby, do you think you'll create a delay/timer command? It doesn't sound
like it'd be hard to do but it would make programming a bit more intuitive.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Colby Boles [mailto:cboles@nirvis.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 1999 4:11 PM
To: Evan Robinson; slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: Re: [slinkelist] Delay command in automation interface?

Yes. You could send a period of "blank IR" after your command to get this
effect. There is a little known hack in the device:command protocol which
allows you to send some lowlevel commands without having to bother loading
the lowlevel device. Let's say your receiver is call rcvr and the input
switching command is digital_input. Do the following

rcvr:digital_input
rcvr:ir[-750000]

the second command sends a 750ms "off" period out the slink-e IR port, in
effect tying up the slink-e for 750ms before CDJ sends out its play command.

Colby

At 02:53 PM 10/10/99 -0700, Evan Robinson wrote:
>I use the IR transmitter to select the appropriate digital input on my
>receiver whenever CDJ changes players.  My receiver takes about 750ms to
>prepare itself for the new input, and during this time, CDJ starts playing.
>
>Is there the equivalent of a "delay" command that will let me force a
>brief wait between the time the IR command is sent and the time CDJ starts
>playing?
>
>Thanks!

Nirvis Systems
http://www.nirvis.com
http://kowloon.eecs.berkeley.edu/~cboles

------_=_NextPart_001_01BF16AC.6E8A4378

RE: [slinkelist] Delay command in automation interface?