[slinkelist] FAQ: linux driver?

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman@relax.com
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 13:05:26 -0500

One tack that seemed like a really good idea was to write a
TCP/IP-based slink-serv.  N.B. that I know nothing about DCOM or the
internals of how CDJ communicates with slinkserve, but it would seem
fairly simple to write a slinkserver for unix & then we could
hopefully get Colby to add a few lines of code to allow CDJ to
communicate with a Unix slink-server via TCP/IP.  This would allow us
to move some stuff to Linux right away without having to give up CDJ
right away.  It'll be a while before a suitable replacement is
available.

Also, we should probably find that slinke-unix list so we don't tick
off people here who don't care about it.  I can set one up on my
machine.  I'm using GNU Mailman too--I started about two days after I
learned about it through this list.