[slinkelist] DXS pricing

Marc Parker parkdog@ix.netcom.com
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:46:18 -0500

I think the DXS is a component that is VERY much needed in the home
automation market, and the price is RIGHT. Anyone spending serious money on
creating large integrated music collection "on line" immediately recognizes
the value of this device. I am very please it is about to happen and certain
many people in the field will also find it is the missing link in their
system design.

Of course the person that has 70 or even 270 CDs wouldn't care. But someone
trying to tie together 1K or 2K+ worth of media will rejoice that this
product is available at twice the price! If I'm spending 3 or 4K for a
system, what's 5 or 6 hundred to make it all work seamlessly?

I also praise Colby for not cheaping out and producing an inferior
component. This is top drawer, first class piece of hardware and there will
be MANY people happy to pay the price to have it.

Congratulations and All the best on this new endeavor!

Parker