[slinkelist] Re: DXS pricing And other issues

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman@relax.com
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 07:47:28 -0500

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999 08:25:39 -0400, "Dave Kolb" <davekolb@email.msn.com> said:

> Where can you get a pure amp anywhere close to the price (much less
> cheaper) of one of the DE135 receivers where I get 4 100W channels
> and 4 inputs with a builtin tuner?

I keep checking garage sales.  I've yet to find a unit that's remote
controllable.  I have gotten a pretty cool Onkyo amp which will drive
two pair of speakers at separate volumes with separate inputs, all
remote-controllable.  I bought it on close-out & had to wait months
for parts to arrive.  I'm fairly happy with the unit now that it
works, but will be reluctant to buy any more Onkyo products.

I emailed Onkyo & they wrote back that the unit was introduced over 5
years ago, so it was therefore reasonable not to have parts
available.  I was not impressed.

I found a sub-$100 amp at Radio Shack with two inputs (no tuner).
Perfect for me, but no IR.

--
Jay Pfaffman                           pfaffman@relax.com
+1-615-343-1720 (office)               +1-615-460-9299 (home)