[slinkelist] Cheap DXS alternative

Jon Welfringer Welfringer@Access1.net
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 21:51:46 -0700

I only mention this because a few people have expressed interest in the
DXS but have also expressed concern in the cost.  I recently saw the
Sony SPD-E800 Dolby Digital processor for $99 at Fry's electronics.  In
addition to the DD processing, it has an RF input, Coax, 3 Toslink
inputs and 1 toslink output.  I didn't notice if it was S-Link
controllable (how did I miss that?), but it is IR controllable to switch
between the inputs.  It won't switch automatically, but it could be a
cheap alternative if you only need a couple of inputs.