[slinkelist] Missing Discs

Mike Kropp mkropp@cathouse.mv.com
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:26:32 -0400

Where it fails for me is:

1) I use computers to make life easier.  Computers are very capable doing
repetitive tasks.  A multi-step process with personal intervention is not
doing this.

2) Group file information is not updated (changed, added, or cleared)

3) As noted, memos are not cleared.

Note that right now it is easier to generate a report via Access with all
disc titles, players and slots, grouped by whatever makes sense to you.
Print that report and keep it by the players.  Refer to the report to put
the disc in.

What would really be cool is to have CDJ have the capability via remote and
some "learned command" do the following:

1) Associate an IR command with a "missing disc" event.

2) When the missing disc event occurs, open the door of the player and spin
it to a slot which should contain a disc but currently doesn't.

3) If it's the disc in question, insert it.  If not, continue with step 4.

4) Press the button again and go to the next missing disc.  Go to step 3
till all discs you are replacing have
been replaced.

5) Send an IR command to indicate "done".

6) CDJ can that verify the contents of all the missing disc slots.

Now we're talking easy to use.