[slinkelist] Just received Sony DVP-CX850D DVD chngr and STR-DA555ES rcvr

Taylor Gautier tgautier@corp.home.net
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:44:47 -0700

Yeah, I figured that out (about the three beeps).  I configured all of my
surround, eq and tuner presets via the remote control, so I definitely have
2-way working.

I can even download the tuner presets which is on the same screen as
downloading memo text.  So downloading is also working.

I am *HOPING* that sony would not release a brand new 200 disc dvd/cd
changer which does not support sending memo text (it supports it internally,
even has a ps/2 keyboard connector, thank god), and thus I am hoping that
have somehow not connected my reciever to the 850 correctly.

That is why I am wondering, is there any difference between an A1-II control
cable and an slink cable?  Where can I buy one of either?

The 850 came with a cable that has 4 wires: video (1) audio (2) and slink
(1).  I just hooked the slink cable to my receiver and to my 850, but no
luck.  It was late tho, so maybe I did something stupid?  I'll try again
tonight.

thx,

-taylor