[slinkelist] Sorting the library

Thomas W. Humphrey TWHumphrey@fuse.net
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 05:02:01 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01BF2101.91C5B380

 Is there a way to get discs in CDJ to sort on artist, based on a word
OTHER than the first word in the artist field?  Sorting on the first =
word in the artist field causes substantial problems.  If I want Aaron =
Neville to appear in the N's, instead of the A's, I must put him in as =
"Neville, Aaron", which looks ugly, particularly in SlinkySaver.

In the bad old days when I had a spreadsheet of my discs, I had a =
separate field for a "sort key" that I could use to ensure the list =
would sort in the way I wanted it, i.e., the way discs are sorted in a =
record store: by musical genre, then by alphabetical order, using the =
last name of personal names where applicable, with collections last in =
the genre.  This is what CDJ should allow me to do as well.

Thoughts, anyone?

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01BF2101.91C5B380

 Is there a way to get discs in CDJ to sort on artist, based = on a=20 word
OTHER than the first word in the artist field?  Sorting on = the=20 first word in the artist field causes substantial problems.  If I = want=20 Aaron Neville to appear in the N's, instead of the A's, I must put him = in as=20 "Neville, Aaron", which looks ugly, particularly in=20 SlinkySaver.

In the bad old days when I had a spreadsheet of my = discs, I=20 had a separate field for a "sort key" that I could use to = ensure the=20 list would sort in the way I wanted it, i.e., the way discs are sorted = in a=20 record store: by musical genre, then by alphabetical order, using the = last name=20 of personal names where applicable, with collections last in the = genre. =20 This is what CDJ should allow me to do as well.

Thoughts,=20 anyone?
------=_NextPart_000_0020_01BF2101.91C5B380--