Fw: [slinkelist] Image Files

Dale Andren dale@theandrens.com
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 23:44:41 -0500

Parker,

Thanks, this solves the problem of your browser deleting the images during
routine housekeeping, but it would be really handy to just save all these
cover image files to a folder and then not have to give the path in the
details tab, just the file name for each cover would be sufficient. If cdj
could map to that image directory, then the image directory could be
portable across the network. The way things are now the path to the covers
changes depending on the machine you are on in the lan, so even though you
have saved all the covers if you go to another computer you have to drag and
drop again. This becomes a big headache if you have a lot of cds.  If there
was a way for Colby or Dave to specify a global covers directory for cdj
and then just save your covers to that directory the image directory could
be
pointed to from any computer with access to the cdj host.
This would eliminate the need to drag and drop all the covers each
time you accessed cdj from a different computer. The
other solution would be to tie the images to the library.mdb file but I have
no idea how you would begin to do that. I guess this email is more of a wish
list kind of a thing, since there has been so much interest in a covers
program on the list recently. This is really a great list and a great
product.

Thanks to all,
Dale