[slinkelist] Mixer source?

Gary L. Hunt glh@srv.net
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 00:49:19 -0600

I'm looking for the same thing for my polyglot collection of
5 changers (3 Pioneer, 2 Sony) presently connected to a
passive switch box.  The catalogs from outfits that sell
equipment for recording, stage and DJ applications list
a number of "line mixers" that are vaguely similar to the
Audio Technica one you mentioned.  They're almost all
more expensive ($200 and up), and the specs in the
catalogs are a bit skimpy at best.  Besides that, some of
them have balanced inputs or outputs, and most of them
are designed to work at the +4 dBu pro audio level rather
than the -10 dB consumer levels.  All of which adds up to a
lot of confusion, at least to me.

For what it's worth, some of these places have Web sites,
notably American Musical Supply at www.americanmusical.com,
and Interstate Music at www.interstatemusic.com.

Any simpler suggestions on this problem would be much
appreciated by me too.

Gary Hunt <glh@srv.net>