[slinkelist] bug: CDDB lookup truncation

gregroberts.com me@gregroberts.com
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 16:14:49 -0700

On about 15% of the discs that I have CDJ look up via CDDB, I get a
strange truncation error. It is strange becuase of its consistency. Here
is the behavior:

  - artist name is missing
  - album title is truncated to 13 characters
  - first track (first track on disc) name is missing

Unfoirtunately, I don't see a way to "re-try" CDDB, because it appears
that if CDJ thinks it already has the right info, you can't force it to
do another lookup on that disc to CDDB.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Is it a recognized bug?

System:
  Windows 98
  P II/266
  128MB RAM
  Slink-E
  (1) Sony CDP-CX220, (2) Sony CDP-CX205's

--
-G$

(pronounced "gee-money")
 Greg Roberts, Proprietor