[slinkelist] Control A1 II on 200-disc DVD DVP-CX850D

Colby Boles cboles@nirvis.com
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 02:37:48 -0700

I've got one of these new 200-disc DVDs on order from www.camerworld.com
for $599, and I'm hoping to add support for it in CDJ. Crutchfield says the
unit has Control-S, but that it also functions as a master controller for
another 200/300 disc CD changer, which says to me that is has a Control-A1
II port. Unfortunately, I'm getting the impression from others who have the
similar 5-disc DVP-C650D that the Control-A1 II port controls a changer as
advertised, but doesn't support any control over the DVD changer. That is,
the DVD changer can send a receive commands to a slave changer, but can't
be commanded itself. This would indeed be dissapointing. Does anyone have
further information one way or another?

Thanks,

Colby
Nirvis Systems