[slinkelist] Control A1 II on 200-disc DVD DVP-CX850D

Tang, George gtang@gtcons.com
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 15:31:38 -0700

I think that Sony don't realize that there is a need for other components to
control a video source.  Since most people do a lot of taping on cassettes
or MD's, and now CD-R's, they put in the system to control an audio source.
Hopefully they'll wise up and include Control-A1 II in video sources soon.

George

P.S. Colby, thanks for bring up the new DVD player.  I'm also planning on
getting the unit which will hit stores mid October.  And I was going to ask
if you were planning on building something similar to CDJ to handle DVD's.
I see that I don't need to ask you that now.  You also mentioned a source
that is $200 less than most other sources.  Thanks for that.  You might want
to ask for compensation from them for advertising it here. 8)

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of Ken Geoffrion
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 1999 3:12 PM
To: slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: Re: [slinkelist] Control A1 II on 200-disc DVD DVP-CX850D

Colby,

I bet it's just like my DVP-C600D DVD changer which has the megacontrol for
Sony's CD changers, but doesn't respond to any Control-A1 signals.  All the
documentation I've seen for the DVD changer says Control-S.  The new
CDP-CX350 300-Disc MegaStorage CD Changer does have Control-A1 II.  I don't
know why Sony would take a step backwards with the newer DVD player, except
it seems all their DVD players only have Control-S.

Ken