[slinkelist] (no subject)

REES, Leon, GNW GDM Leon.Rees@greenwichnatwest.com
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:25:46 +0100

I am planning on writing something similar soon...

... I have an old Libretto I plan on using as  a dedicated controller and I
am looking for something more 'jukebox' like.

Don't get me wrong, CDJ is great, but I need to build something more track
focussed.

To get this done, per a previous e-mail, I could really use an in-process
version of the ActiveX object. Did you give this any consideration, Colby?
Are we likely to see it?

Regards,

Leon.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob [mailto:bob@perillo.com]
Sent: 28 September, 1999 11:17 AM
To: slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: [slinkelist] (no subject)

Hi folks,

Anybody know of a more "party-friendly" jukebox program?
I'm looking for something that can use CDJ's database and
Slink-e, but with a VERY simple user interface, so party
guests can pick tracks without having to learn anything.
Perhaps a "mouse only" setup?

CDJ is great, but I wouldn't turn it loose on the Neanderthals
that party guests often become after a few sips of a drink.

I'm thinking about getting into writing this myself, but spare
time is at a premium.

Thanks guys!

ALL HAIL SLINK-E!!!!!
ALL HAIL CDJ!!!