[slinkelist] MD Players compatible with MD manager, and switching TOSLINK

Thomas W. Humphrey TWHumphrey@fuse.net
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 20:36:38 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01BF9C19.FB4CE7E0

To anyone subscribing, please be sure to post the resolution of the =
question of whether something other than the 920 and 930 Sony players =
will work with MD Manager to automatically title discs, etc.  They are =
the only players=20

Second, I would like to ask whether a dual-input MD player with an slink =
jack, could be used as a TOSLINK signal selector (when not being used as =
a MD player, of course) by mapping suitable slink commands in CDJ to =
turn on the MD player when CDJ turns on, and then select an appropriate =
input on the MD player with each changer play command issued by CDJ.  =
You could then use the analog and TOSLINK outs from the MD player to =
deliver signal to other places.

In essence, I want to know how are the multiple TOSLINK inputs on the =
back of the 920, 930 and 520, and possibly other players selected or =
used by the player, and can those selections be controlled via slink =
commands from the slinke?  If anyone knows, which of the models can be =
controlled this way?

I think the ability to switch TOSLINK from my two changers through the =
MD player, coupled to ability to make custom MD's using MD manager, =
would convince me to purchase a Sony MD player to add to my system.

Thanks for any input....

Tom Humphrey

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01BF9C19.FB4CE7E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>To anyone subscribing, please be sure to post the =
resolution=20
of the question of whether something other than the 920 and 930 Sony =
players=20
will work with MD Manager to automatically title discs, etc.&nbsp; They =
are the=20
only players </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Second, I would like to ask&nbsp;whether a =
dual-input MD=20
player with an slink jack, could be used as a TOSLINK signal selector =
(when not=20
being used as a MD player, of course) by mapping suitable slink commands =
in CDJ=20
to turn on the MD player when CDJ turns on, and then select an =
appropriate input=20
on the MD player with each changer play command issued by CDJ.&nbsp; You =
could=20
then use the analog and TOSLINK outs from the MD player to deliver =
signal to=20
other places.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>In essence, I want to know how are the multiple =
TOSLINK inputs=20
on the back of the 920, 930 and 520, and possibly other players selected =
or used=20
by the player, and can those selections be controlled via slink commands =
from=20
the slinke?&nbsp; If anyone knows, which of the models can be controlled =
this=20
way?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I think the ability to switch TOSLINK from my two =
changers=20
through the MD player, coupled to ability to make custom MD's using MD =
manager,=20
would convince me to purchase a Sony MD player to add to my =
system.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks for any input....</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Tom</FONT><FONT size=3D2> =
Humphrey</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01BF9C19.FB4CE7E0--