[slinkelist] MD Players compatible with MD manager, and switching TOSLINK

William Hollingworth will@airmail.net
Sat, 01 Apr 2000 22:07:17 -0600

--=====================_28237294==_.ALT

At 08:36 PM 4/1/00 -0500, Thomas W. Humphrey wrote:

>Second, I would like to ask whether a dual-input MD player with an slink
>jack, could be used as a TOSLINK signal selector (when not being used as a
>MD player, of course) by mapping suitable slink commands in CDJ to turn on
>the MD player when CDJ turns on, and then select an appropriate input on
>the MD player with each changer play command issued by CDJ.  You could
>then use the analog and TOSLINK outs from the MD player to deliver signal
>to other places.

No. The input switching is done by a mechanical switch on the front and
there is no software override available. You are able to detect the switch
position via slink, but you can't control it. Big oversight on Sony's part.

You also have to put the MD into record mode to loop the inputs to the outputs.

Will