[slinkelist] IR operation interrupt

Nirvis Help (Colby) help@nirvis.com
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 08:49:25 -0700

Right now, the Slink-e software attempts to decode all incoming IR signals,
which can put a significant CPU load on your entire system if you hold down
IR buttons continuously. I'm planning on making some changes to the code so
that the Slink-e software only looks at the first second or so of IR and
ignores the rest so that it doesn't get hung up.

Colby
-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of Carl J. Rose
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2000 6:59 AM
To: slinkelist@nirvis.com
Cc: John W. Schaaf
Subject: [slinkelist] IR operation interrupt

I find that my IR pass through with slinke to be not totally reliable.  I
have2 transmitters to equipment (INCLUDING 3 DAISY CHAINED STEREO RECEIVERS
FOR TOTAL HOUSE MUSIC CONTROL).  i HAVE 5 ir RECEIVERS PLACED THROUGHOUT THE
HOUSE.

i USE THE ir MAINLY FOR VOLUME CONTROL AND THIS IS WHERE THE TROUBLE
PRESENTS ITSELF.   Sometimes, THE ir DOES NOT EVEN CHANGE.    However, THE
LIGHT INDICATING SIGNAL RECEIVED ON THE SLINKE ir RECEIVER IS LIT..

 At OTHER TIMES, IN FACT, MOST OF THE TIME, THE IR VOLUME control WILL WORK.
However, THE VOLUME WILL CHANGE.  But THE VOLUME IS SLOW TO CHANGE AND THE
EXTRA SEND TIME ON THE ir SEEMS TO CAUSE THE ENTIRE LOCKUP OF THE cdj
SYSTEM, ir & cd CONTROL ET ALL, SEEM TO STOP.   aT TIMES, THE cd PLAY WILL
STOP ALTOGETHER AND, AT OTHERS, THE SAME CD WILL PLAY IN THE MIDDLE OF A
LARGE PRE-SELECTED PLAY LIST OF TRACKS.

Thanks IN ADVANCE TO ANY ANSWERS TO THIS PROBLEM,,
Carl