[slinkelist] How do I get Slinke to echo IR to the remote-IR box

Hunt, Ed ed.hunt@attws.com
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 21:39:35 -0700

Folks,
I've now put my two CDP-CX240s into a cabinet with a wooden door with the
Slinke unit on top, quite discreetly.  I'd like to use the IR echo function,
as I believe this works even without a PC, so I plugged the RJ-11 cable into
the Slinke and placed the small phone-jack-box-IR unit that came with the
Slinke inside the cabinet door.  However I don't seem to get any
transmission out of that unit.  It's not to do with position, because I've
tried holding the box three feet away with the door open using the Sony
remote near the Slinke so that there was no direct IR signal into the
cabinet.

When I run CDJ I can see that it is receiving Sony IR signals, but I don't
have CDJ programmed to do anything with them.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Ed Hunt
ed.hunt@attws.com