[slinkelist] How do I get Slinke to echo IR to the remote-IR box

Ron Chrisley ron@chrisley.freeserve.co.uk
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 16:50:00 +0100

I'm no expert, but I think you have to configure Slink-e to echo by setting
the firmware.  I've done it via the PC; I don't know how to do so otherwise.
From the help file:

Setting up the IR ports to echo commands into other rooms

The Slink-e has a handy feature which allows you to "echo" the commands
picked up by the receiver module in one room to the transmitter modules in
other locations. The Slink-e is very flexible in terms of which receivers
get echoed to which transmitters, and you must set up the Slink-e to specify
these settings. Using SLINKSERV.EXE, go to the View->Slink-es->Settings
dialog. In this dialog there is a cross-point matrix of blue lines which
specify which receiver inputs (on the left) go to which transmitter outputs
(on the top). By clicking on any of the line intersections you can turn "on"
(a red dot) or "off" (no red dot) the connection between a given receiver
and transmitter. Each receiver can go to any / all of the 8 transmitters.
For each receiver you must also specify the carrier frequency of the remotes
you are using, since the receiver module does not pass this information on
to the Slink-e. The choose a default of 40000Hz if you are not sure.