[slinkelist] Re: PartyGUI error 3343 - unrecognized database format

keith alexander alexanders@rocketmail.com
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 06:11:10 -0700 (PDT)

Are you using the latest version? This error was
related to the new database format for CDJ.  I have
converted PartyGUI to ADO, and now it works great.
Get it at www.geocities.com/nurse_alexander.  BTW I
maded some really cool changes this weekend, fixed the
behavior of the play button, addded a pause button,
and added a tabbed control interface basically in the
INI file you tell it how many tabs, and size and
position of 3 control types (button, memory state
button, or slider) map them to macro commands, and
viola gui automation for anything (I am using it to
control reciever/amp and lights)  Now for the bad
news, I was futzing around with my computer in the
wall, and blew the mother board, in an attempt to test
it I blew my processor from my main system (dork)
Test and upload of the changes will have to occur
after I figure out how to afford a new processor.
Anybody got a spare <grin>...

KJA

--- "Hunt, Ed" <ed.hunt@attws.com> wrote:
> Keith,
> I can't seem to get PartyGUI to start-up properly, I
> keep getting error 3343
> complaining about the format of my .mdb file.  Any
> hints as to a possible
> cause of this corruption?
>
> CDJ works fine with this database, and I've checked
> PartyGUI.ini to check it
> was using the correct file.  If I change the INI
> file to point to sample.mdb
> it starts up fine.
>
> Some history on my set-up: I have two Sony
> CDP-CX240s. I just upgrade CDJ to
> 0330a version including installing sysupdate and
> ADO2.1.  CDJ would not
> convert my text-based database to .mdb format
> properly, so I moved that file
> and let CDJ re-build the entire thing in the
> database format.  That took
> three days because I kept exceeding CDDB limits on
> the number of lookups per
> day!  Then I ran CDJCovers1 to download the images,
> and I did some manual
> image downloads for some disks I knew were there but
> that CDJCovers1 screwed
> up on (I'll send those comments separately).  Then
> when I try to run
> PartyGUI I get this error message.  I don't have
> Access on my PC (I hated it
> when I tried it 5 years ago, is it any better today?
>  I'm an old dBase II
> .dbf hack I found that much more intuitive even if
> it was linear!)
>
> Thanks for any hints.
>
> Ed Hunt
> ed.hunt@attws.com