[slinkelist] RE: Getting help from Nirvis

Nirvis Help (Colby) help@nirvis.com
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 14:09:21 -0700

We do keep track of everyone's help e-mail. Some certainly doesn't get
answered as quickly as I would like. If I see someone asking a question that
I can answer right away, I do so. When someone describes a complex bug
involving using brand X remote to control a TV from another room while CDJ
is searching for discs, it's not something I can answer right away because I
don't know what the answer is. I'd rather post a response when I've actually
solved something or have more questions than one which says "I have read
your help question and am working on it". I was put off a bit in one of your
mails because there were 12 different questions to answer, not all of which
I had answers on hand for. I'd suggest sending seperate mails for different
problems you having because you will get quicker answers and it will be
easier for us to track our status of answering them. We read every help
message. I've got about 3100 in my help@nirvis.com box right now, all read.
About 30 still need answers. It is true that we don't monitor the list and
bbs as carefully - only if we manually transfer messages from them to our
help box will they be guaranteed to be answered.

Colby