[slinkelist] Nirvis help

Ron Chrisley ron@chrisley.freeserve.co.uk
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 23:10:18 +0100

Goerge,

Thanks for your email.

You said:

>Regarding your number of times played and date added fields, it is a bug
>that I'm sure Colby and David are working on.  I'm sure you would've
>gathered that from some of the other postings here."

No, sorry, I didn't know.  But this is just the kind of email it would have
been nice to receive, assuming it is true that they do know of the errors.

>"Regarding CDCover and MUZE, I believe someone has responded to you
already."

Yes, that wasn't in the message I sent on April 7th, and it isn't a Nirvis
issue, so I wasn't expecting a Nirvis reponse on that one.

"Regarding long save and compact time, from the lack of response, It would
believe that you might be the only person experiencing that problem.  It
would be greatly helpful for all of us to help you if you would at least
specify the machine that you're running CDJ on."

I don't think that's relevant, but it is a 333MHz Cyrix running Win98, with
a 10GB HD and 128 MB SDRam.

>And maybe even sent Colby
>or David a copy of your .mdb file.

I think that would be a bit presumptuous if they haven't asked me to do so!

>Otherwise, it would be very difficult
>for any of us to help you solve this problem.

No, you have already helped by saying these things, and letting me know that
others are not having the problem.  It appears now that saving is not taking
longer, just compacting.  Or rather, compacting is happening (has happened
once) without me asking for it.  I have never used it before, so maybe it
has always taken 5 mins to compact a 700+ entry db.

Again, thanks for responding, George.

Ron