[slinkelist] CD Mastering

Harris, Terry THarris@leasedirect.com
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:14:22 -0400

For a hardware solution to ripping to MP3, take a look at the I-MIX from
Sima Corporation, available in July (web site is http://www.simacorp.com).
This unit has TOSLINK inputs and outputs, so if you have a receiver with
optical out, you can get a recording of a CD (or other digital media)
without ever leaving the digital domain. The DXS from Nirvis might also play
nice in this scenario if you do not have an optical out on your receiver.
The unit also has a USB port for interface to a computer or a portable MP3
player.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Holopainen [mailto:michael@laserle.fi]
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2000 3:40 AM
To: slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: Re: [slinkelist] CD Mastering

<snip>

Also I like to open discussion of methods of automating the cd to mp3
ripping using using CDJ. CDJ is amazing software slinke is equally great
and Sony CDP-CX### are good, but there is something to be said of having
500 CD's worth of music (inluding covers & title names) on size on
cigaret pack (30Gb HD) for a half of the price of one CDP-CX### player.
or 100 cd's on one DVDRAM-Disk (300-400 in future).

<snip>