[slinkelist] IR on WinCE box

Cunningham, Neil ncunningham@UrbanMedia.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 09:07:40 -0400

I have also tried the palm solution and was less than pleased with it.  I
was hoping the same thing could be done on a CE box.  The ability to have vb
& vc apps run on it would allow for a much "cooler" interface not to mention
a color one at that.  I did find a link for ir remote on a ce box but the
site was mostly in Japanese so it was hard to get much info.

Neil

-----Original Message-----
From: Vann Knight [mailto:vannknight@swbell.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2000 9:00 AM
To: gtang@gtcons.com; 'Cunningham, Neil'; slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: RE: [slinkelist] IR on WinCE box

I have both a Palm and a Pronto... don't use the Palm to control much. It
was a novelty but wore off quickly.

It is true that the IR on the PalmIII devices is too week to control much.
For some reason the upgrade to some of the older palms (which included an
new back with an IR port) have a much stronger IR signal.

I also agree with George's statement that the lack of capability to add
devices by merging in devices created by someone else is a major shortcoming
for OmniRemote. They have been promising this capability for over a year.

Vann