[slinkelist] Clearing memeory in a Sony CDP CX 220

Tom Luikens thomasluikens@sprintmail.com
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:05:33 -0700

Greetings,

I have obtained used a second changer, a Sony CDP CX 220, and added it
to my slinke controlled CDP CX 255.  I received no documentation for the
220, but do have the remote control. I would like to delete all memory
of discs, tracks and text in the 220 that was stored by the previous
owner.  Can someone suggest how I should do this?  Thanks in advance for
any responses from list members.

Does anyone care to comment about the comparative merits of the 255 and
220 models. I know that the the 255 is older, but it has RCA jacks for
input audio that the 255 lacks.  I had intended to daisy chain three
changers, which I will be able to do only if the third changer provides
the necessary input jacks.  I have not attempted to use optical out from
either changer, and I did not obtain an optical cable with the 220; but
I may have one from when the 255 was new.

Tom