[slinkelist] DCOM made easy!!!!

keith alexander alexanders@rocketmail.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 19:32:34 -0700 (PDT)

I just had a wonderful microsoft experience (ick I
feel dirty). I just downloaded DCOM98 1.3 (make sure
you get the DCOMCNFG too).  It took about 4 minutes to
setup DCOM on a win98 peer to peer network.  My
Iopener is running my partyGUI, and the 'server' in
the wall is running CDJ.  It all works.  Colby, I
guess you can do it w/o NT.  Get the stuff at
www.microsoft.com/com downloads.

The server in the wall is controlling SLINKE and my
X10 Crap, but now I never have to touch it again.

KJA

=====
Keith Alexander
alexanders@rocketmail.com