[slinkelist] Garbage content: I can't take it any more!!!

Laurence Ryan imslryan@bestweb.net
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 13:44:57 -0400

This message is not sent in haste or petulance, but after 3-4 four months of
dedicated attention to the daily mail from slinkelist.

I am resigned to the very apparent fact that the world of electronic
communications can be viewed as a re-enactment of the social environment of
the era of the tower of Babel and that even their multiplicity of tongues
was not as complicated by formats, etc., as we seem to be today.

However, I am quite sure that I am in no way the only one who feels that a
world without the up to 80% or more of garbage resulting from conflicting
formats and unnecessarily repeated messages, etc., that accumulates in the
"Digest", would be a better world in which there would be more time for
productive pursuits.

I am in no way referring to the real content.This is always valid, even if
not of immediate use for me. I learn every day (humbly).

Without the technical knowledge to create a solution, I could only make
generalized suggestions and would be happy to do so but, having read through
all those messages, I am sure that there are many who receive the list who
could immediately comment authoritatively as to what methods might work.

May I then simply throw this open for discussion?

Regards to all.

Larry Ryan