[slinkelist] Master-Slave / Track Restart / MD Manager

Mike Kropp mkropp@cathouse.mv.com
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 01:16:02 -0400

Curious that you should bring this up.  I been having a different but not
that dissimilar problem.

I'm not doing the master/slave thing but have an app that runs and
communicates with CDJ and handles other IR chores.  Perhaps part of it is
similar to MD Manager.

I found that after about an hour (similarity here), things would start going
bonkers (technical term) in ways similar to what you describe.  In my case,
I found that things improved if my app no longer listened to the cdslr
devices.

It still occasionally goes into la-la land but after a much longer time
(hours rather than always about an hour).  Once it gets to la-la land,
stopping the playlist and restarting it doesn't clear the problem.

I don't know what's going on with the latest version of CDJ (8/14) but one
thing I noticed that even it seems to be struggling to keep the UI
up-to-date.  I noticed particularly that the album cover changes seem to be
much more sluggish -- often switching five seconds or more after the track
has started.

Also, when it goes into la-la land and I stop the playlist, it seems there
is a lot of activity going on in the devices window and finally it catches
up and both my players indicate they're stopped.

Maybe these two problems are related at some level.  I hope so because
having additional data points, it may be easier for Colby to find a fix.

--Mike