[slinkelist] PC to TV Converter

Dennis Laslo dlaslo@engineer.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 17:16:00 -0400

Reply to:
 From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of Steve Fine
  Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2000 6:13 PM
  To: slinkelist@nirvis.com
  Subject: [slinkelist] PC to TV Converter

I want to use my TV as a monitor for my PC running CDJ.  I've tried an
inexpensive VGA to TV converter and had unsatifactory results.  Does =
anyone have any suggestions or first hand experience with one of these =
units?

Yes...I've tried the converters and also have a S-Video output on one of my
PC's.  I agree with some of the other comments.....it's barely OK.

If you can program....you can use some TV-friendly fonts (large) and access
the Slink-e server directly through Active-X interfaces.

You can then use a wireless keyboard/mouse or an IR remote to access Slink-e
directly.

I was in the process of doing just that for control of my stereo system. I
think I'm going to still use CDJ, however...haven't got that far