[slinkelist] What is minimum wiring I can use for Slink-e?

Simon Mason simon@themasons.net
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 07:51:40 -0500

If you already have a phone wire run, use that.  In my setup I had a 4
conductor phone line in place that wasn't being used and it worked fine.  If
you are pulling wire, pull CAT5.

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of George Tang
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2000 2:30 PM
To: Malena, Garth; slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: RE: [slinkelist] What is minimum wiring I can use for Slink-e?

You can use the slink-e's IR port to control your changers.  But that would
be of little benefit since you can't get any information back from the
changers.  So all the good features of CDJ is useless to you.  I would
recommend to have slinke by the changers and run a cat5 cable from the
slink-e to your pc.  I hid my cable under the baseboard, so it's not visible
at all.

-G