[slinkelist] Delphi activeX weird behaviour

Richard Malcolm-Smith rich@ihug.co.nz
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 11:37:50 +1300

I am making an application to take input from a remote keypad via RS232 to
control CDJ.

If I put the line
slinkx1.Sendex('cdj:blahblah'); in something like an onclick for a button it
will send fine, however if I put it in the event handler for the serial
recieved character, or even a handler for a windows message (I was using
WM_COPYDATA) it sends nothing, and if it trigers several times delphi halts
the application and I have to control-F2 to get back. There is no error when
it halts, and the code editor doesnt come up - it just goes back to having
the run button available to click.

Using delphi 3 on windows 2000 with the latest CDJ etc.